Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thanks Sew Much

Hi all! Hope your week is going well! I am making some Thank You cards for several people who were so thoughtful and caring after my surgery. They brought me enough food so my hubby didn't have to cook for a whole week! (He's so lucky) It's funny because he's a Dietary Manager and knows how to cook at work, but somehow always sneaks out of cooking at home! LOL! I got these stamps free when I purchased the Cardmaking magazine. I never order magazines, so I was super excited to get something free in it! I was trying to go with a vintage feel. I used the Antiquity papers from Paper Studio. Stamped the images with StazOn.....grrrrr.....I forgot to use my Memento ink. When I went to color them with my copics it started smearing and turning my nibs black. I don't think it is noticible though. I cut the scallop edge with my Sizzix and the cirlce and plaque shapes with my Cricut. I machine sewed around all the edges. Added some lace and ruler trim to the bottom. I made a ribbon flower by sewing the pleated ribbon and dyed it with Tea Dye distress ink. Also, distressed around the images. Then finished by adding a couple of buttons, cheese cloth and pearls. I hope they enjoy their cards! I really enjoyed making them!


The inside:

 
I would like to enter in the following challenges:
Inky Impressions - Punches and/or Dies
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle - Stitching
Red Carpet Studio - Hollywood Noir vintage
Cuttin and Stampin - Thank You card
Stamp n Doodle - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - Use your stash (trim and buttons)
Lexi's Creations - Lace and/or Ribbon
Creative Card Crew - Handmade Flower
Clear it out challenge - Anything Goes use 2 or more buttons
Ruby's Rainbow - Round & Round
Oozak - Lace, Ribbon and Pearls
Cards Galore - Vintage
ABC Challenge - L is for Lovely Lace
Pin and Tack - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

20 comments:

  1. Such a darling card. I love every bit of it.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card...love the vintage look of it!

    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage card, love the dress form stamp and your colours are lovely, and I can't see the colour bleed lol thank you for joining Cards Galore challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! I love the vintage look! The inside is as sweet as the outside! Thanks so much for joing us at Sister Act Card Challenge this week!
    Hugs~
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fabulous and wonderful card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE sewing images, and this card is just vintage goodness! Love it, and thank you for sharing it with us.
    This week and next are CRT's for our son, Andrew. Please pray for him if you can. He is really nervous, and I've prayed with him and told him to just give his best effort, and trust God for the rest.
    Hope you're having a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card inside and out.Beautiful images - must use my set of these - keep forgetting.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbows.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, lovely colours and design. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and such a beautiful flower! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie, that's pretty card! Love it. Thank you for playing with us this week at Stamp n Doodle.
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Red Carpet Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waw really pretty card. Thank you for joining us at ABC challenge. hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card! And that vintage feel, love it. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice color on this project...Love the golden papers and the images you used. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Have a fabulous day and God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. Great colors and sweet flower. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.
    Big Hug, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card! I love the colors too! Thanks for playing along over at Cuttin and Stampin.

    Teresa R.
    DT~Cuttin and Stampin

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card, the colours are fantastic.

    Thank you very much for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle, and the best of luck.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the "sew" sentiments. You created a very lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Cuttin' and Scrapin' this week.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Vintage challenge and good luck!

    Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
Be Blessed!